— Main dishes
Chicken sandwich with Zespri Green kiwifruit, rocket, cream cheese and mustard
Make your kids a sandwich for when they are out for the day or doing sport outdoors. With this recipe, you make sure they give their best performance and eat healthy thanks to the potassium and vitamin C in the kiwifruit. Serve with a kiwifruit smoothie or mineral water with a few drops of lemon juice.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. Good source of potassium and natural source of folate.Nutrition per serving
- 300 g whole-wheat baguette
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 200 g chicken breast
- 50 g rocket
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the chicken into strips and season with salt, pepper and Herbes de Provence. Heat oil in a pan and cook the chicken strips for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the cheese and mustard. Wash the rocket. Peel and thinly slice the Zespri kiwifruit.
- Cut the bread into 4 pieces and then each piece in half lengthwise. Spread with the cheese and mustard mix then cover with kiwifruit slices. Add the chicken, rocket and a pinch of salt. Serve.
And if you’ve got teenagers, you’ll know exactly what we mean. The body has good reasons for perspiring during the warmer months.