— Main dishes
Hake with potato mash, Zespri Green kiwifruit and chard
Healthy food doesn't have to be boring. This main dish is both healthy and packed with flavour, with loads of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
Recipe rich in fibre and has high vitamin C content. Natural source of folate and good source of potassium.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 300 g chard
- 300 g potatoes
- 600 g diced hake
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 punnet beetroot or red cabbage sprouts
- 20 g pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of nutmeg
- Wash and chop the chard. Peel and dice the potatoes. Steam the vegetables for 12-15 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons of oil. Then mash with a fork or hand mixer.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan until they start to brown. Peel and finely dice the Zespri Green kiwifruit.
- Cut the hake into 4 equal pieces, season with salt and pepper and sear on the grill or in a hot pan for one minute on each side. Put the hake on a plate and cover with film. Puncture the film in a few places. Put in the microwave for an additional minute or minute and a half.
- Put the chard and potato mash onto four plates. Then put the fish on top of the mash and top with the kiwifruit, sprouts and pine nuts. Ready to serve.
We’ve got some smart, simple storage suggestions to make sure you are getting the most out of your favourite fresh and tasty fruit, day after day.