Homemade granola with Zespri Green kiwifruit
Looking for a tasty, no-fuss healthy breakfast? This recipe for home-made granola made with Zespri Green kiwifruit is good to go, no matter where you are. Kept fresh in an airtight container, it’s perfect for breakfast at home, at work or as an any time snack. Why not give it a try?
- 4 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 200 g rolled oats
- 4 Medjoul dates
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 50 g agave nectar
- 50 g nuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 ºC.
- In the blender jug, whizz the pitted dates with the vanilla, coconut oil and nectar.
- Place the oat flakes, nuts and seeds in a bowl.
- Pour the date purée into the bowl and stir, making sure it is well combined
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on an oven tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure an even bake.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tray
- Store in an airtight container
- To take with you: peel and chop the Zespri kiwifruit & wrap in film. Place this on top of three tablespoons of granola in an airtight container. Keep the fruit and granola apart, avoiding direct contact.
- Mix together before serving.