Jam of Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and blackcurrants
For a jar of 375g:
- 200g Zespri SunGold kiwifruit (3 kiwifruits)
- 50g white or blue plums (1 plum)
- 50g blackcurrants or blueberries
- the juice of half a lemon
- 150g preserving sugar (jam sugar)
- one cardamom pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel the Zespri SunGold kiwifruits and cut them into small pieces.
- Cut the plum into pieces as well, and place the fruit together with the currants/berries in a salad bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Mix thoroughly, cover with plastic film, and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, pour boiling water into the empty jam jars and over the lids.
- Leave the upturned jars and lids to dry on a kitchen towel. Pour the prepared mixture into a non-stick casserole and cook for 6 minutes on a high heat, stirring regularly.
- Squash the mixture with a fork 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. You do not need to skim the mixture.
- Immediately after cooking remove the cinnamon stick and cardamom pod, and use a small wooden spoon to fill the jam jars.
- Put the lid on firmly, and leave the jars to cool upside down.