Jam with Red fruits and Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
For a jar of 375g:
- 200g Zespri SunGold kiwifruits (3 kiwifruits)
- 50g strawberries
- 50g raspberries
- the juice of half a lemon
- 75g honey
- 75g preserving sugar (Jam sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (freshly grated or ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger)
- Rinse and hull the strawberries. Peel the Zespri SunGold kiwifruits.
- Cut the Zespri SunGold kiwifruits and the strawberries into small pieces and place them in a salad bowl together with the raspberries.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, honey and ginger.
- Mix thoroughly, cover with clingfilm, and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, pour boiling water into the empty jam jars and over the lids. Leave the upturned jars and lids to dry on a kitchen towel.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a non-stick casserole and cook for 6 minutes on a high heat, stirring regularly.
- Squash the mixture with a fork 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. You do not need to skim the mixture.
- Use a small wooden spoon to fill the jam jars immediately after cooking.
- Put the lid on firmly, and leave the jars to cool upside down.