Kiwifruit and chia breakfast bowl
When your day starts with a balanced breakfast, you’re going to feel great. But if your mornings are full-on, one way to save time and still get that balance is to make some frozen fruit ‘breakfast kits’ in advance. Simply prepare the fruit, place it in a bag in the freezer and when you’re ready to use it, take it out and blend. Frozen fruit doesn’t lose any of its nutritional value so it’s a win-win.
- 5 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 400 g frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen and sliced banana
- 250 ml plant-based milk (oat)
- 90 g rolled oats
- a few drops vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon açai powder (optional)
- 60 g hazelnuts
- 1 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 1 tub blueberries
- 1 banana
- In advance, wash the strawberries and peel the banana and kiwifruit. Slice and freeze the fruit to get a creamier texture.
- When you’re ready to use, blend the frozen fruit, oats, chia seeds and oat milk until smooth. If you’re planning to add the açai powder, incorporate it after the chia seeds.
- Divide between 4 bowls and cover with a row of banana slices, chia seeds, açai powder, chopped hazelnuts, kiwifruits and blueberries.
It may be a cliché but there’s no meal more important than breakfast! But it’s so easy to get into a rut, reaching for the same old coffee and bagel day after day.