Whole-wheat biscuits with Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, raspberries and honey
If you feel like starting the day with freshly baked biscuits that are healthy for you and your children, serve this recipe for breakfast. Tasty and packed with vitamin C, you’ll definitely fancy some!
For the batter:
- 125 g whole-wheat flour
- 50 mL coconut oil
- 30 g brown sugar
- 60 g non-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 50 g walnuts
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 40 g raspberries
- 20 g honey
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Stir in the oil, sugar, salt, cloves, cinnamon, egg and yoghurt. Mix until smooth.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and add them to the dough. Roll into equal balls with your hands and put on a tray covered in baking paper with at least 2 cm between them. Push down slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit. Serve on the biscuits with raspberries and a drizzle of honey.