Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and quinoa bowl
Perfect for chilly mornings, this hot little wholegrain breakfast bowl is rich in vitamin C and will help kick start your day with a shot of vitality. Easy to prepare, it’s a colourful and tasty breakfast for the whole family.
- ½ cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- ½ mango
- 10 g dried coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons nuts
- 250 ml plant-based drink
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger
- Put the quinoa into a colander and rinse well under the tap for a few minutes.
- Drain well and put into a pot.
- Add the water and heat over high heat until it boils. Lower the heat and cook for 13 minutes or until the quinoa grains have opened.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Put the quinoa into two bowls and cover with plant-based drink.
- Sprinkle spices, coconut flakes and roughly chopped nuts over the top.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit and mango and add to the bowl.
- Serve immediately.
Having a positive mental attitude is a key ingredient to wellbeing. There are lots of ways to do this, but one of the easiest (and most enjoyable), is to unleash a little bit of inner creativity.