Zespri SunGold kiwifruit & Apricot Jam
For a 400g jar:
- 3 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 1 apricot
- 1 peach
- 1 lime
- 150g preserving sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Peel the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and the peach. Cut all the fruit into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Peel the lime thinly and blanch the peel for 2 minutes in boiling water. Leave to drain.
- Add the blanched peel to the fruit, along with the lime juice and the sugar.
- Cut the vanilla pod in two lengthways and add it to the fruit. Mix thoroughly, cover with clingfilm, and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, sterilise a 400g jar and lid either in boiling water or on the hot setting in a dishwasher
- Pour the prepared fruit mixture into a non-stick saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 6 minutes on a high heat, stirring regularly to avoid burning
- Squash the mixture with a fork 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. You do not need to skim the mixture.
- Immediately after cooking remove the vanilla pod, and use a small wooden spoon to fill the jam jar.
- Put the lid on firmly, and leave the jar to cool upside down.