Banana bread with Zespri Green kiwifruit, lime, ginger and cinnamon
Here’s a dessert option that is surprisingly satisfying and nutritious thanks to ingredients such as kiwifruit and banana.
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 350 g banana
- 270 g flour
- 150 g sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 125 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- zest of 2 limes
- plain yoghurt to serve
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat them. Add the sugar, softened butter, yoghurt and banana, continue mixing. Add sifted flour and yeast, cinnamon, ginger, half the lime zest and salt. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a 1.5 L loaf tin greased with butter and smooth off the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 55 to 60 minutes. Check the centre is cooked with a skewer before removing from the oven. If it doesn't come out clean, cook 5 minutes more.
- Remove and leave to cool completely. Then take out of the pan and slice. Serve with diced Zespri kiwifruit and yoghurt.