Choc O'Gold muffins
- 50g (2oz) chocolate chips
- 125g (4oz) sugar
- 250 g (8oz) self raising flour
- 75g (3oz) butter or margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125 ml (5floz) milk
- 2 large Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°C).
- Lightly grease a muffin tray and line with muffin cases.
- Place the chocolate chips, sugar and sifted flour into a bowl.
- Melt the butter or margarine and combine with the egg and milk.
- Peel the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and cut into a 1 cm (1/2 in.) dice. Reserve a little fruit for the top of the muffins.
- Add the liquid ingredients and diced fruit to the dry ingredients and combine quickly so that the mixture is a little lumpy
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and dot with the reserved fruit.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. When cooked, remove the muffins in their cases and transfer to a wire cooling rack.