Kiwifruit, apricot and mint slushy
When it’s hot, hot, hot, it’s important to stay cool and keep hydrated. And slushies are a fun way to do both. Not just for kids! Nutrition-rich kiwifruit make these a great choice for summer.
- 500 g Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 400 g ripe apricots
- A few mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar (optional)
- Setting aside one Zespri kiwifruit for slicing, peel and blend the remainder until you have a smooth puree.
- Wipe the apricots, slice them in half, remove the stone and blend them with the mint. Add a dash of lime juice to each flavour and a little agave nectar if you want the puree to be sweeter.
- Now place the two purees in separate containers and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 2 hours, and then break up the ice crystals by scraping and stirring with a fork.
- Return to the freezer for 2 more hours and break up the crystals again until you get a slushy. Keep the mixtures in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve. Layer up the two colours in a decorative glass. Decorate with sliced kiwifruit and mint leaves.
With summer just around the corner we can all look forward to some rest and relaxation, imagining holidays by the sea, balmy evenings sat in the garden, and happy times with family and friends.