Light brownie covered with kiwifruit slices with melted chocolate stripes
We tend to think desserts can’t be healthy, but that doesn't have to be the case. For example, here's a lighter version of that traditional favourite, the chocolate brownie with kiwifruit. Everyone will love this light brownie recipe!
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. A good source of potassium and a natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 110 g whole-wheat flour
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 200 g natural apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
For the topping:
- 3 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 60 g chocolate
- Mix the whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder and sugar together in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Mix in the peanut butter, eggs and egg whites, apple sauce and dry ingredients and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a medium-sized rectangular tin, lined with baking parchment, and bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- Remove from the tin, place on a serving dish and cover with the slices of Zespri kiwifruit.
- Melt 2/3 of the remaining chocolate and then mix in the other 1/3 and stir. Drizzle over the kiwifruit in thin lines using a spoon or piping bag.
These unique birthday party foods are made with fresh and tangy Zespri Green kiwifruit, a nutritious ingredient that will add a splash of colour to your festivities.