Lime and Zespri Green kiwifruit custard with cookie crumble
You can prepare this dessert in no time at all for a special dinner or whenever you feel like surprising someone. Served in a glass, the recipe is packed with flavour and textures that will delight anyone who tastes it.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. A good source of potassium and a natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
For the custard:
- 100 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 10 g cornflour
For the cookie crumble:
- 100 g ground almonds
- 30 g defatted cocoa powder (optional)
- 40 g brown sugar
- 12 g cornflour
- pinch of salt
- 5 g desiccated coconut(optional)
- 10 g olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 egg
- For the cookie crumble: in a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix into a smooth dough. Put the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out with a rolling pin. Put on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 8 to 9 minutes. Leave to cool and crumble up.
- For the custard: heat the lime juice, butter and syrup. In a bowl, beat the eggs, yolks, rest of the agave nectar and cornflour. Add the previous mix, whisk well and put back into the pot. Cook the custard on low heat without stirring until it thickens. Remove from the heat, leave to cool and fill the tart.
- Peel and finely dice the Zespri kiwifruit. In a glass, alternate layers of cookie crumble, lemon custard and diced kiwifruit.