Lime and Zespri Green kiwifruit pie
We all love traditional Christmas desserts but sometimes it’s good to break with tradition and try something a little different. This luxurious dessert combines the juicy tang of lime and vitamin-packed Zespri Green kiwifruit with richer, creamier ingredients. An exotic combination of indulgence and vitality. A simple recipe that everyone will love.
- 4 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 cup ground chia or flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 handful walnuts
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 Medjoul dates
- 400 g condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- ½ cup lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C. Put the chia or flax seeds into a bowl with two tablespoons of water. Stir and let rest.
- Put the oats, walnuts and dates into a food processor. Grind into a dense paste with small pieces of walnuts.
- Add the seed and water mix and stir well into a compact dough.
- Put the dough into a 20-cm round mould lined with parchment paper. Press the dough well with your fingers until it is compact, bringing the dough up the sides of the mould.
- In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, quickly beaten egg yolks, lime juice and zest. Whisk well until smooth. Pour into the crust prepared previously.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the sides become firm and the centre has the texture of flan.
- Then leave to cool completely.
- Before serving, decorate with slices of Zespri kiwifruit on top.
It's that time of year again! House decorated, presents wrapped, children unable to sleep! And the most important part, of course- spending quality time with family and friends.