Rustic Zespri Green kiwifruit tart
Surprise your guests with this homemade kiwifruit cake, full of super-healthy ingredients. They’ll love its tasty, original flavour. What are you waiting for?
For the shortcrust pastry dough:
- 125 g plain flour
- 125 g rye flour
- A pinch of salt
- 135 g butter
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 75 ml of iced water
For the filling:
- 5 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 225 g of mascarpone
- 30 g honey
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons of shelled, raw pistachios
- Cut the butter into cubes and hand mix with the other ingredients in a bowl. Form a ball with the dough, cover with foil and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Line the baking tray with the foil and roll out the dough on top with a rolling pin. Brush with the beaten egg and cook in the oven, preheated to 180 ºC, for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Using a whisk, mix the mascarpone with the honey. Peel the Zespri kiwifruit and cut them into slices.
- Spread the prepared base with the mascarpone mixture, the warmed jam and place the slices of kiwifruit on top. Top with the chopped pistachios.
Tip: You can also decorate the cake with some red berries.