Zespri Green kiwifruit and cottage cheese millefeuille
Zespri Green kiwifruit is an ideal ingredient for your desserts and savoury dishes! Add them to your meals and, thanks to their high fibre content, you’ll soon notice an improvement in your digestive health, like this easy-to-prepare ‘crispy’ dessert.
This is an energy-filled, fibre rich recipe with a high vitamin C content and good source of potassium and a natural source of folic acid. If you want to reduce the number of calories you can substitute the honey and part of the sugar by agave.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 400 g cottage cheese
- 6 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 4 tablespoons honey, agave syrup or stevia
- 8 chopped hazelnuts
For the biscuits:
- 75 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 40 g of ground almonds
- 35 g butter or cocoa butter
- 20 g wheat flour
- To make the biscuits: put the sugar and butter or softened cocoa butter in a bowl and whisk them together. Add the almonds, flour, milk and grated orange peel. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ºC. Line an oven tray with a non-stick cooking mat or baking parchment and cover the surface with flat discs of dough. Put the biscuits in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, lift them with the help of a spatula and leave them to cool. Repeat the process until no dough is left
- Prepare the plates. Create layers, alternating biscuit, cottage cheese and pieces of Zespri Green kiwifruit. Top with some honey or agave and chopped hazelnuts. Serve whilst still crispy.