Zespri Green kiwifruit cake
- 125 g (4 oz) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 tablespoon sugar, extra
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (confectioners’ / powdered) sugar
- Grease a 20 cm (8 in), loose-based cake pan and lightly dust with flour. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater for 3 minutes. Add the eggs and beat well. Sift in the flour and baking powder, stir to combine then beat on high speed for about 2 minutes, until well combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared cake pan. Peel and quarter the Zespri Green kiwifruit. Cut each quarter in half and dot evenly over the batter. Sprinkle the fruit with the extra tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. When cool, the cake can be stored in an airtight container. Serve dusted with icing sugar and cut in wedges. Serve as a dessert or with coffee