Zespri Green Kiwifruit ice cream
- 6 large Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 150 g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 280ml (10floz) double cream, whipped
- Peel and roughly mash the Zespri Green kiwifruit, leaving some larger pieces. Stir in half the sugar and allow to stand for 15 minutes
- Beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar over hot water, until thick and creamy. Allow to cool.
- In a clean bowl beat the whites until stiff. Fold the yolks then the whites into the fruit mixture. Freeze quickly or transfer to an ice-cream machine.
- Store in an airtight container in the coldest part of the freezer.