Zespri Green Kiwifruit Mousse
This kiwifruit mousse is a perfect dessert to suit all tastes. For children, it is especially soft, refreshing and highly nutritious. Prepare the serving glasses with Zespri Green kiwifruit slices around the sides for an eye-catching touch
- 6 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 2 leaves of gelatine
- 250 g of light cream cheese
- 3 egg whites (British Lion Mark eggs if making this dish for a baby, toddler, elderly person or pregnant woman)
- A pinch of grated lime skin
- A pinch of salt
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Peel and blend 4 Zespri kiwifruit.
- Pour the blended kiwifruit into a saucepan and heat to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add the drained gelatine, stir and leave to cool, but not go completely cold
- Fold in the cream cheese, stir and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt to the soft peak stage and gently fold them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Allow the mousse to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or until set, and then add thin slices of peeled kiwifruit immediately before serving.