Kiwifruit and carrot cake spiced oatmeal
Did you know a tasty, healthy breakfast can improve your mood? Well, it’s true. Here’s an easy-to-make breakfast packed with colour and nutrients. The whole family will love it, vegans too!
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. Good source of potassium and natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 400 g chopped oats
- 300 mL soya or plant-based milk
- 300 mL mineral water
- 4 chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons of raisins
- 120 g grated carrots
- 3 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground spices: cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- Bring the water and milk to the boil. Add the dates, raisins and spices. Then add the oats and cook on a low heat, covered, for 2 minutes. Remove and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit. Put the oatmeal into 4 bowls and add the kiwifruit, carrot, nuts and agave nectar.
Tip: You can also top it with a bit of coconut cream.