— Main dishes
Beef carpaccio with kiwifruit and parmesan
Try this classic Italian Carpaccio full of flavour and rich in protein and fibre. Traditionally served as a starter or as a main course if you increase the portion size.
- 300 g high quality fillet of beef
- 50 g mixed lettuce (1 handful)
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 50g green beans
- 30g parmesan shavings
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the beef fillet in the freezer for 30 minutes so that it firms up and then, using a sharp, broad-bladed knife, slice as thinly as possible.
- Place the slices between sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet until a little larger and thinner
- Steam the beans for 4-5 minutes, drain and refresh in iced water.
- Wash the lettuce and dry well.
- Peel the Zespri kiwifruit and slice into semi-circles.
- Divide the slices between 4 plates, arranging in a circle and placing the lettuce, beans and kiwifruit in the centre. Dress with salt, pepper and a few drops of lemon juice and oil. Scatter over some parmesan shavings and serve straight away.
We all know that we feel better when our insides are happy. Days are lighter, moods are brighter – good digestion puts a spring in our step!