— Main dishes
Bulgur wheat, vegetable and Zespri kiwifruit salad
You can serve this delicious salad warm straight away as a light meal, a side dish, or pack it in a lunch box and take it with you wherever you want to eat it — a healthy lunch at work or on a picnic.
- 240 g bulgur wheat
- 3 carrots
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 small courgette
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Clean and trim the carrots and courgette. Cut into medium-size strips and place on a baking tray. Brush with a tablespoon of oil, season and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgur wheat according to the packet instructions, drain and reserve.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the ground spices & drained bulgur wheat and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring so that the spices coat the wheat evenly. Take off the hob and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Now add the roasted carrots, courgette and diced kiwifruit, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and either enjoy straight away, or keep in a container for a delicious meal on the go.