— Main dishes
Chicken brochette with Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and mango sauce
A delicious meal that’s perfect for sharing with friends! This recipe is full of flavour and vitality due to its high vitamin C content, it’s your body needs to feel fit and healthy.
- 3 boned chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 or 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 100 ml white wine or water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 sprig of coriander
- 4 pita pockets or Mexican corn tortillas
For the sauce:
- 2 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 1/2 mango
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 spring onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig of fresh coriander
- Peel the garlic cloves and the onion. Wash the parsley and remove the leaves from the stem. Cut the chicken into equal-sized cubes and place them in an oven dish.
- Put the onion, garlic, sugar, wine, sesame seeds, cumin, parsley and coriander leaves, salt, lemon juice with some grated lemon peel into the blender. Blend everything well, then pour the mixture over the chicken and stir well. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours.
- Drain the meat and thread the cubes onto wooden skewers previously moistened in water.
- Heat a grill or frying pan, brush with oil and cook the brochettes for about 3 minutes on each side.
- For the sauce: Peel the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and mango and cut into small cubes. Put the fruit into a bowl and mix it with the lime juice, olive oil and the chopped onion and coriander. Serve the brochettes with the sauce. Accompany them with the bread you prefer.
Try it with other types of meat such as lamb, beef or pork. If the meat is not very tender, soften it by leaving it to marinate for 12 hours.