— Main dishes
Chicken Burger with Zespri Green kiwifruit
Here you have a super complete, tasty and nutritious dish that everyone at home will love. You can prepare it on any occasion: such as parties with friends or impromptu dinners. If you replace the chicken with salmon or white fish, it will be just as light and delicious.
- 500 g boneless chicken breast, finely chopped or minced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1x1 cm slice of ginger
- 2 tablespoons of fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted on one side
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 100 g red cabbage, shredded
- 100 g courgette
- 100 g carrot
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 1/2 a lime
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 30 g of raw peanuts
For the Thai peanut sauce:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- To prepare the hamburgers, mix the garlic, onion and ginger in a bowl with the chicken and enough egg to obtain a firm mix.
- Divide into 4, form into equally sized patties and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- Clean the salad vegetables and shred or grate with a mandolin, grater or food processor. Place in a bowl and add the peeled and chopped Zespri Green kiwifruit, herbs, juice and grated skin of the lime, half the oil and the salt and pepper. Set aside
- For the Thai sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium-hot, add the remainder of the oil and cook the patties for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- To serve, place the burgers on the buns, top with salad and spoon over some of the sauce.