— Main dishes
Extra-crispy healthy pizza
Did you know fast food can be healthy? Here’s a healthy, delicious pizza with Zespri Green kiwifruit to share with family or friends. It’s a great option to get the kids to eat fruit and vegetables in a fun way.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. Good source of potassium and natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 2 frozen thin whole wheat pizza bases
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh pesto sauce
- 2 small courgettes
- 2-3 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 100 g feta cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 handful mixed greens
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1 sprig basil
- Wash the courgette and cut into long, thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Mix with the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir well. Let it marinade for 10 minutes.
- Spread the pesto sauce onto the pizza crusts and sprinkle cheese on top. Thinly slice the tomatoes and spread on top, season and bake in a preheated oven at 220° C for 6 minutes. Then put it under the grill for 2 minutes to cook the tomatoes a bit more.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit. Combine with courgette and put it on top of the pizzas with the mixed greens, rest of the cheese, basil and ground chilli.
Tip: It is better to bake the pizzas one at a time if there isn’t enough space. If you put them in the oven on top of each the other, they may not bake evenly.