— Main dishes
Flexitarian bowl: lentil salad with kiwifruit, apple, red cabbage, sunflower seeds, chicken
If you enjoy vegetarian food most of the time but like the flexibility of including a little meat or fish occasionally, then Flexitarian eating could be just what you need. Using meat as a flavouring alongside seeds, legumes and fruit means some wonderful combinations and great nutrition.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. A good source of potassium and a natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 400 g cooked (or canned, drained) green lentils
- 2 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 1 apple
- 100 g red cabbage
- 400 g chicken breast
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 3 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- olive oil
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Season the chicken breast and grill for 5-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove, let cool and cut into strips.
- Peel the Zespri kiwifruit and cut into sections. Wash the apple and roughly chop. Grate the cabbage or shred thinly with a sharp knife
- Wash the herbs, pick the leaves and chop them finely. Mix them with the lentils and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Mix the soy sauce, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Put the ingredients into 4 bowls and gently mix through the dressing. Check for seasoning and serve.