— Main dishes
Scampi with Zespri Green kiwifruit dip
- 2 ripe Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 Banana
- 1 Medium sized tomato
- Ginger, milled
- 1/4 Tsp Sambal olek
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 20 Scampi, pre-cooked
- Fat for frying
- Peel the Zespri Green kiwifruit and banana and puree both.
- Wash, clean, quarter and deseed the tomatoes and finely dice the flesh and add to the puree.
- Add salt, pepper, ginger, sambal olek, lemon juice and sugar to the dip to taste.
- Wash and pat the scampi’s dry, and season with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Arrange on wooden skewers and fry gently for a short while on both sides in hot fat.
- Arrange the scampi with Zespri Tomato Banana Dip on the plates.
- Serve as desired with toasted baguette slices and garnished with Zespri Green kiwifruit slices and tomato wedges.