— Main dishes
Spring pasta with Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 2 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 300 g garganelli pasta
- A small bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 zucchini
- 100 g shelled peas
- 2 spring onions
- 1 dl extra-virgin olive oil
- After cleaning asparagus and zucchini, wash and cut them into thin strips.
- Clean the spring onions by trimming off green parts, roots and the outer peel and then slice them thinly.
- Place half in a sauté pan and stew until tender.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus thin strips and fry lightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and leave on for 5-6 minutes.
- Put the remaining sliced onion in another saucepan with oil and stew, add peas, fry lightly for a few minutes, then add a few tablespoons of water, a pinch of salt and pepper and leave on cooking for 8-10 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Finally, add chopped basil and the mixture of zucchini and asparagus. Peel the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and slice them thinly.
- In the meantime, bring water to a boil, add salt and cook pasta until it is done but not mushy.
- Strain and season with the vegetable sauce just prepared.
- Add the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit slices, which will also be a very attractive decoration for the dish.