— Main dishes
Thai yellow curry with SunGold kiwifruit
This Thai curry with SunGold yellow kiwifruit is a healthy main dish, not just for vegetarians and vegans. Ingredients like kiwifruit give this exotic dish an original, tasty touch that will delight any palate.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. Good source of potassium and natural source of folate.
Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- ½ head of broccoli
- 1 cup peas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 mango
- 4 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli or cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tin coconut milk (400 ml)
- ½ lemon
- 400 g boiled brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt or soya sauce
- Peel and chop the green onion and chilli. Then cut the vegetables and peeled fruit into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a flat pan and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli. Add the turmeric, curry paste and coconut milk. Cook on low heat and let reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, season and cook 4-5 minutes more. Season with salt and soya sauce, add the fruit, cashews, basil and lemon juice and serve with rice on the side.
In this article we aim to clarify some of the most important points, so that you can feel informed and empowered on the topic of plant-based diets.