— Main dishes
Vietnamese pho with kiwifruit
Cooler temperatures mean warm, comforting food! In this case, we have our special take on a main dish originally from Vietnam: with kiwifruit. A healthy, flavour-packed recipe to fight the cold weather.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. A good source of potassium and a natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 600 g sole fillets (or other white fish)
- 150 g shiitake or king oyster mushrooms
- 7-8 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli
- 250 g rice noodles (cooked according to the packet instructions and drained)
- 1 cup beansprouts
- 2 spring onions
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 limes
- Put the stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and 2 tablespoons of lime juice into a wide, shallow saucepan.
- Bring the broth to the boil, add the mushrooms and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Now add the fish fillets and simmer very gently for another 2 minutes until the fish is cooked but holding its shape.
- Divide the cooked, drained noodles between 4 bowls and carefully place the fish fillets on top
- Pour the broth over the top, finishing with a garnish of beansprouts, thinly sliced onion, peeled and diced Zespri kiwifruit, coriander and peanuts.
- Serve with extra lime juice and ground chilli to taste.