— Main dishes
Vietnamese salad with Zespri Green kiwifruit and prawns
If your lunchbox is looking a little listless, how about a fresh noodle and Zespri Green kiwifruit salad for a boost of vitality?. Vitamin C-rich kiwifruit helps reduce fatigue to ensure you enjoy your day-to-day activities. Enjoy this get-ahead recipe at the park, office, school, home...
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. Good source of potassium and natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
For the salsa:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 125 ml water
For the Vietnamese salad:
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- ½ fresh bulb of fennel
- 250 g raw prawns, peeled
- 250 g dried rice noodles
- 4 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley or coriander
- 20 g toasted almonds
- 20 g toasted hazelnuts
- Fill a pot with plenty of water and cook the rice noodles following the instructions on the packet.
- Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and water for the sauce. Put in a pot and bring to the boil. When the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Grate the carrots and fennel and combine in a bowl. Add the toasted hazelnuts and almonds, a drizzle of oil and salt to taste.
- In a pan, add the oil and chopped garlic. Put in the cleaned prawns and sauté for 3 minutes on medium-high heat, until they turn pink. Remove from the heat. Put the noodles into the pan and stir well.
- Put the sautéed noodles and shrimp into a bowl or divide between separate lunchboxes to take away.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit and arrange with the carrot and fennel mixture next to the noodles.
- Decorate with some chopped coriander and serve. Dress with the lime sauce before serving.
Now that warmer days are approaching, it's the perfect time to give your body its own spring clean. A cold and dark winter can leave us feeling low in energy and overall vitality, but with a little extra effort you can fight fatigue and recover your exuberance.