— Main dishes
Zespri Green kiwifruit marinated chicken tacos
- 3 Zespri Green kiwifruit peeled
- 1 garlic
- bunch of coriander
- 1 small chili
- 6 tablespoons lemon-juice or lime
- 1 tablespoon olive-oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt-pepper to taste
- 2 chicken-breast boneless
- 1 avocado
- 4 corn taco shells can substitute with tortilla
- small pack of shredded cabbage and carrots
- To Make the Marinade: Put 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit, garlic, small handful of coriander, 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice, cumin, chili, olive oil and salt & pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Put chicken in a bowl and add marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap then and let it marinate for 1 hour or longer (maximum 8 hours) in the fridge.
- To Make the Guacamole: Cut avocado in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.) Add chopped coriander, leftover lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more.
- Take 1 kiwifruit and chop finely, mix with the guacamole and refrigerate until ready.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Now, remove the chicken from marinade by lifting out and shaking a little to remove any extra liquid. Lay chicken breast into the pan. Cook chicken 3 minutes until browned, flip chicken then cook another 3 minutes so that the second side becomes browned. Check chicken for doneness by either cutting into a breast or checking the internal temperature, which should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). If the chicken is not done, continue to cook until it is. Remove from pan then shred or cut chicken into strips.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven and place the taco shells for 5 minutes until warm.
- Assemble the Tacos: Spoon a little guacamole inside the taco shell. Topp with chicken strips, then shredded cabbage and carrots. I also added sour cream and Tabasco for extra heat.
Eat immediately, enjoy!