— Main dishes
Zespri Green kiwifruit with mussels
- 32 mussels, washed thoroughly and beards removed
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 4 tbsps Zespri Green kiwifruit diced in small cubes
- 2 tbsps leek white diced in small cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Coarse sea salt for the presentation
- Steam the mussels in a steamer or a steam oven for approx. 8 min or until all mussels have opened. Allow to cool.
- Remove the mussel meat from the shells and halve. Make sure you have 32 nice half shells left.
- Put a layer of coarse sea salt on an attractive plate.
- Place the mussel shells on the salt.
- Put a mussel in each shell.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into tasty vinaigrette.
- Divide the vinaigrette over the mussels. Serve immediately.