— Main dishes
Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and New Potato Salad
A bright, fresh, golden salad combining the tropical juiciness of Zespri SunGold kiwifruit with piquant pickles and warm new potatoes. Great flavours for outdoor dining.
- 4 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, peeled and cut into generous wedges
- 500g small New Potatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 large shallot or small sweet onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons gherkins, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the baby new potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15- 20 minutes or until tender. Drain off the water, return the potatoes to the hot pan and allow to cool down for 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl mix the oil, lemon juice, shallot, sliced gherkins, capers, dill and a pinch of salt
- Once the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut in half and add to the bowl together with the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit. Toss gently to combine the flavours
- Check the seasoning and serve immediately with a little more fresh dill.
Nutrition information per serving:
- 290 Kcal,
- 2.5 g protein,
- 12.5 g fat,
- 37.5 g carbohydrate,
- 7 g fibre.
- 80 mg vitamin C.