— Main dishes
Vietnamese salad with Zespri Green kiwifruit and prawns
If your lunchbox is looking a little listless, how about a fresh noodle and Zespri Green kiwifruit salad for a boost of vitality?. Vitamin C-rich kiwifruit helps reduce fatigue to ensure you enjoy your day-to-day activities. Enjoy this get-ahead recipe at the park, office, school, home...
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. Good source of potassium and natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
For the salsa:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 125 ml water
For the Vietnamese salad:
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- ½ fresh bulb of fennel
- 250 g raw prawns, peeled
- 250 g dried rice noodles
- 4 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley or coriander
- 20 g toasted almonds
- 20 g toasted hazelnuts
- Fill a pot with plenty of water and cook the rice noodles following the instructions on the packet.
- Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and water for the sauce. Put in a pot and bring to the boil. When the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Grate the carrots and fennel and combine in a bowl. Add the toasted hazelnuts and almonds, a drizzle of oil and salt to taste.
- In a pan, add the oil and chopped garlic. Put in the cleaned prawns and sauté for 3 minutes on medium-high heat, until they turn pink. Remove from the heat. Put the noodles into the pan and stir well.
- Put the sautéed noodles and shrimp into a bowl or divide between separate lunchboxes to take away.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit and arrange with the carrot and fennel mixture next to the noodles.
- Decorate with some chopped coriander and serve. Dress with the lime sauce before serving.