Quinoa salad with vegetables and Zespri Green kiwifruit
A recipe rich in flavor and high in nutrients, such as vitamin C. Make your dishes colourful and healthy with this easy-to-prepare starter.
- 300 g quinoa
- 250 g pumpkin
- 1 courgette
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- ½ pomegranate
- 50 g toasted sliced almonds
- 12 basil leaves
- several chives
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Cook the quinoa in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the peel and seeds of the pumpkin and cut into cubes. Clean the courgette and cut into cubes. Cook the pumpkin in a pot of salted boiling water for 15 minutes. 1 minute before it is finished, add the courgette cubes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare a vinaigrette by mixing the oil, vinegar, chopped herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Peel and slice the Zespri Green kiwifruit. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Put the quinoa on a platter and add the pumpkin and courgette. Top with the kiwifruit slices, pomegranate and sliced almonds. Dress the mixture with the herb vinaigrette. Serve it right away.
Wrinkles are a tell-tale sign of age, and something that every mature man dreads. This is because as we age, skin gets drier, less elastic.