Chicken and Zespri Green kiwifruit Thai lettuce wraps
Stress, a packed diary & stodgy convenience foods can sometimes affect your digestive health. Simple changes to your daily diet can make a big difference. Dishes, such as this light, healthy, Thai-inspired starter with crisp lettuce, tangy kiwifruit and fragrant spices are packed with fibre and great nutrition.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- ½ red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small slice of fresh ginger
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 heads gem lettuce
- 30 g almonds
- 1 Zespri Green kiwifruit, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- pinch of salt
- Put 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil into a pan on medium heat. Clean and cut the mushrooms, peel the onion.
- Clean and remove the seeds from the pepper.
- Finely slice the onion and pepper and put in the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes then add the mushrooms.
- Sauté a few minutes longer while you cut the chicken breasts into thin slices.
- Add the chicken to the pan and top with grated ginger.
- Add the soy sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Finely dice the tomato and Zespri kiwifruit and put in a separate bowl. Add the almonds, tablespoon of oil and pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Separate the leaves of the lettuce, wash and dry on kitchen paper.
- Put the leaves onto a plate, fill with the chicken and top with the tomato and kiwifruit.
- Serve right away.