Chunky pepper and tomato soup with Zespri Green kiwifruit
Autumn can be chilly so to warm yourself up, here’s our take on a smoky pepper & tomato soup with a kiwifruit garnish. Nothing beats healthy, nourishing comfort food when keeping out the cold.
- 2 red peppers, cored and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato pure
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 125 g plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 g wholemeal melba toast
- Using a large saucepan gently sauté the prepared peppers, onion and garlic in a little olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, water, sugar and smoked paprika and cook for 15 minutes. Blend until smooth
- Season to taste and add the chopped tomatoes. Reheat for 5 minutes and then serve
- Top the soup off with a swirl of plain yoghurt, torn basil leaves and the chopped kiwifruit. Serve with toast.
If you’re anything like us, then the first chill in the air leaves you yearning for log fires, woollen blankets and warm, comforting meals. There is simply nothing better in the autumn months than preparing delicious home cooked meals to share with family and friends.