Couscous salad with Zespri Organic SunGold kiwifruit, broccoli and mint
Zespri is always concerned with respecting the environment when it comes to growing kiwifruit in all its varieties. In addition, organic kiwifruit is grown using 100 % organic techniques. Here we present you this light couscous salad full of antioxidants and vitamins, where the Zespri Organic SunGold kiwifruit also brings a fresh and tasty touch.
- 2 Zespri Organic SunGold kiwifruit
- 200 g precooked couscous
- 3 carrots
- 200 g broccoli
- 1 cucumber
- 1 fresh onion
- 3 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (60 mL)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- Put the couscous into boiling water with half a teaspoon of salt, following the instructions on the packet. Leave to cool.
- Peel and dice the carrots. Separate the broccoli into very small florets. Blanch the carrot and the broccoli for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse in cold water. Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit and cucumber. Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Pick the leaves from the herbs and chop them. Mix the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Put all of the vegetables and the kiwifruit into a large salad bowl. Add the herbs and the dressing. Combine well.
- Let cool in the fridge for a few hours before serving.