German-style potato salad with kiwifruit
This ready-to-eat and delicious potato salad with crunchy pickles is perfect for a lunchbox or as a side dish. The kiwifruit gives it an original, refreshing kick. If you mix in cooked turkey or ham, you’ll get a well-rounded and tasty dish. You can also add nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts or pine nuts.
- 700 g baby new potatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 30 g pickled gherkins, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pickled capers
For the dressing:
- 125 g natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 sprig dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and slice into halves or quarters. Place in a salad bowl and leave to cool down completely.
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit. Place in the bowl with the potatoes, along with the chopped onion, sliced gherkins and capers.
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl and dilute with lemon juice. Add the mustard, honey and chopped parsley and dill with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until well-combined
- Dress the potatoes with the mixture and serve.