Greek salad with Zespri kiwifruit
Did you know that you need to drink more water in summer? There are numerous ways to make sure you stay hydrated. Here's the classic Greek salad, packed with flavour, minerals, vitamins and water. You can prepare it to go and eat it anywhere you want. Just dress just before eating!
- 2 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil
- 60 g Kalamata black olives
- 150 g feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Put the vinegar, oil, pinch of salt, pepper and oregano into a bowl. Mix well.
- Clean the vegetables and cut the tomatoes into wedges. Peel and cut the cucumber into 2-cm slices. Julienne the pepper and onion.
- Peel and cut the Zespri kiwifruit and feta cheese into 3-cm cubes. Put all of the ingredients into a salad bowl, dress and combine well.
- Top with anchovies and olives. Sprinkle more oregano on top.
Whatever type of holidaymaker you are, there is one thing that unites us all: we want to feel happy and healthy when we are away with our loved ones.