Squash and sweet potato soup with Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
After exercise, children’s muscles need to recover to carry on with their day-to-day activities. There’s no doubt that kiwifruit is a great way of aiding this recovery and you can help by adding it to the dishes you prepare every day. Try this creamy soup as a delicious starter dish
- 400 g squash pulp
- 200 g sweet potato
- 1 leek 700 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g: 2 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- Burgos cheese 4 slices wholemeal or mixed seed bread
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons
- olive oil
- Put the oil in a frying pan and lightly fry the chopped leek until it is soft and transparent. Add the peeled and chopped squash and sweet potato. Gently fry the mixture for a few minutes, cover with the stock and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread into small cubes and spread them out over the oven tray. Sprinkle or, even better, spray a few drops of oil and bake in the oven at 200 ºC for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Peel and chop the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit. Cut the cheese into little cubes.
- When the soup has finished cooking, mix with an electric hand blender until you obtain a smooth and creamy texture. Serve in bowls or dishes with the finely chopped kiwifruit, cheese and croutons.