Summer holidays are over and it's time to get back into the routine. Sometimes it's hard to get back to healthy habits like a varied, balanced diet. But here's an original, fun and healthy recipe. The sauce is the secret ingredient. We've made our summer rolls with prawns, but you can use any type of cooked seafood, fish or even nuts.
Recipe rich in fibre with high vitamin C content. A good source of potassium and a natural source of folate.Recipe appropriate for Nutrition per serving
- 12-16 medium-sized spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 3 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 12 king prawns, cooked and sliced
- 3 carrots
- 3 heads little gem lettuce
- 1 small courgette
- 2 handfuls soya sprouts
- 12 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 12 mint leaves
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Pinch of ground chilli
- Prepare all the ingredients: Peel (all except the courgette), clean and shred into long, thin strips.
- Soak the rice paper sheets in warm water for a few seconds, until they are flexible. Put a little of each ingredient on the sheet and then close it up by folding in the sides and rolling it front to back. Repeat until you have used up all of your ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and pour it into a bowl.
- Serve with the rolls, for dipping.
If the courgette is small and fresh, you can eat it raw. If not, cut it in strips and then blanch quickly. You can also use cucumber instead.