Zespri Green kiwifruit club sandwiches with roast chicken
- 4 Zespri Green kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 12 slices of coarse, wholemeal or granary bread
- 4 tbsps mascarpone
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon, finely grated
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 slices of Italian dried ham such as prosciutto or parma
- 200g cooked roast chicken (available ready-made in the shop) divided into small pieces
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Mix the mascarpone with lemon juice, grated lemon and chilli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the twelve slices of bread with the mascarpone.
- Cover four with Zespri Green kiwifruit and chicken and the other four with kiwifruit and ham.
- Put the two different sandwiches on top of each other and top off with the last slice of bread
- Slice the sandwich stacks diagonally.
- You now have eight high triangles.
- It’s best to wrap them in aluminium foil.