Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and mango salsa with cinnamon crisps
If you’re bored with the same old snacks and want to impress your family and friends with something a little more original, here’s a simple option for fun, healthy snacking. Vitamin-packed Zespri SunGold and mango make the perfect, exotic combination to go with crisp, sweet, cinnamon tortilla chips. Even better, this salsa will keep in a container to enjoy whenever you fancy it.
For the salsa:
- 4 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
- 1 large, ripe mango
- 20 g grated coconut
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut or unrefined cane sugar
- fresh mint leaves
For the cinnamon crisps:
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Peel and dice the Zespri kiwifruit. Do the same with the mango, removing the stone.
- Put everything in a bowl. Add the grated coconut, lemon juice, and coconut or unrefined cane sugar and stir well.
- Finally chop up the fresh mint and add to the bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangles. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, pinch of salt and two types of oil. Whisk gently to emulsify. Brush on to the tortilla triangles with a silicone brush.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and cook the triangles, a few at a time, over a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, until slightly toasted. Remove, cool on kitchen roll, and repeat until all the triangles are finished.
- Serve the crisps with the kiwifruit and mango salsa.