Zespri SunGold kiwifruit ice cream
- 8 whole eggs, separated
- 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 500 g (1 lb) Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, pulped
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add the caster sugar and whisk for 1 minute.
- In another bowl whisk cream, until just firm.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the whites, fold into the cream and Zespri SunGold kiwifruit pulp. Add the lime juice.
- Put mixture into ice cream machine, or place into freezer and every 1 – 2 hours until frozen whip the mixture until it feels firm to the touch.