— Zespri sungold
- Delightfully sweet and juicy
- Golden yellow flesh and smooth skin
- High in vitamin C that can help strengthen your body’s natural defenses
Zespri SunGold kiwifruit
Indulge your senses with a Zespri SunGold kiwifruit. Refreshingly sweet with a tropical touch: Zespri SunGold has a unique, surprising flavour. If you like a sweeter kiwifruit, Zespri SunGold sweetens as it ripens.
- Perfect as a naturally sweet treat. Replace sugary foods with this delicious low-calorie fruit.
- Its melting texture makes it the ideal healthy accompaniment to desserts. Crushed or pureed it can be spooned onto parfaits, tarts and pastries instead of cream or custard.
- A superb addition to dishes with subtle flavours. Fragrant without being overpowering means it complements other flavours in a dish rather than masking them. Ideal for adding a touch of sweetness to salads and salsas.
- Try its smooth flavour with savour dishes for contrast. A fresh relish for a hamburger perhaps, or alongside a creamy coconut curry instead of mango chutney.
If you want to discover delicious recipes with SunGold kiwifruit, click here.
Zespri SunGold is a 100% natural variation of the Green kiwifruit and also contains a high concentrations of vitamins and minerals. One Zespri SunGold kiwifruit provides a generous hit of the vitamin C we need to help strengthen the body’s natural defenses. More than three times the amount found in oranges, in fact.
Naturally rich in fibre, has a good source of potassium and a natural source of folate means you’re getting excellent nutrition.
Zespri SunGold kiwifruit come from New Zealand between May and October and between November and January from Italy and France.
Zespri SunGold kiwifruit are tender, refreshing and usually ready to be eaten straight away. To slow down the ripening process, keep Zespri SunGold in the fridge away from other fruit. On the other hand, to speed the ripening process up, store at room temperature in a paper bag with apples, oranges bananas or pears, but away from sunlight.
Actinidia chinensis Planch. var. chinensis ‘Zesy002’
Actinidia chinensis Planch. var. chinensis ‘Hort16A’
From May to October (inclusive):
From November to January (inclusive):
Italy and France
Smooth, light to dark brown colour
Pale golden colour
Deliciously juicy and sweet with a touch of freshness